Condé Nast Traveler
The World on Sale
ONE-TIME ONLY OFFERS | $3 MILLION IN SAVINGS FOR CNT READERS!
Argentina: Buenos Aires and Beyond
Experience tango, beef, polo, and (yes) Eva Perón—from the Porteños to the Pampas.
What Is It?
Six nights in Buenos Aires, San Antonio de Areco, and Mendoza, with two at the Palacio Duhau–Park Hyatt (Readers’ Choice Awards 2011), one at the estancia La Bamba de Areco, and three at Entre Cielos, in wine country.
Teatro Colon, Buenos Aires’ world-renowned opera house. You’ll visit the presidential box during your tour
The Park Hyatt Palacio Duhau
You’ll spend two nights at the Park Hyatt Palacio Duhau, a Reader’s Choice Award 2011 hotel
Entre Cielos, a small luxury wine resort, is located in Vistalba, Mendoza, Argentina
Entre Cielos, your home for three nights
Three of your nights will be spent in Argentina’s beautiful wine country
The Argentine art of the tango
The Recoleta Cemetery, where Eva Perón is buried
Buenos Aires’ historic Retiro neighborhood
Why take this trip now? With Greece facing economic crisis, it’s heartening to see how Argentina has bounced back from its 2001 collapse. Then there’s the wine. And the steaks…
- Sept 1, 2012–Sept 1, 2013
- Save 35%
- $8,991 per person
What You’ll Experience:
- Eva Perón’s Buenos Aires during a half-day guided tour, including private access to the Evita Museum, Casa Rosada (the presidential palace), and the iconic balcony from which she made her final speech. You’ll also visit the sanctuary where Evita’s body lay in state as well as her final resting place in the Duarte family mausoleum at the famous Recoleta Cemetery, with stops at prominent sculptures of and monuments to Evita throughout the city along the way.
- A private helicopter tour of Buenos Aires.
- Exclusive visits with noted artisans in San Antonio de Areco, including the daughter of an internationally recognized silversmith and a contemporary jewelry designer.
- Cooking class and lunch in the private home of a celebrity chef based in San Antonio de Areco.
- A tango performance choreographed, staged, and executed just for you. Performers will include top professional tango dancers, a tango singer, and a three-piece ensemble.
- Behind-the-scenes access to the historic Teatro Colón, BA’s renowned opera house (acoustically one of the world’s best), and to the rarely visited presidential box and the underground rehearsal rooms.
- A visit to either a private finca or a polo club to see a scrimmage and have lunch with the players, followed by a wine-tasting at a player’s winery. Want to try the sport? A lesson can be arranged.
- Early check-in and late check-out (subject to availability) and welcome amenities, including Argentine Malbec wines and artisanal cheeses, at the Palacio Duhau–Park Hyatt, in Buenos Aires.
- All activities and meals at the estancia La Bamba de Areco in San Antonio de Areco, including horseback riding, carriage rides, biking, and hiking.
- Traditional hammam experience at the Entre Cielos resort’s spa, in Mendoza.
- Daily breakfast.
- Private luxury transfers in Buenos Aires and Mendoza (where applicable).
- Domestic airfare (economy class).
This package is for four people traveling together.
- 2 nights at the Palacio Duhau–Park Hyatt (Readers’ Choice Awards 2011)—two Park suites.
- 1 night at La Bamba de Areco—two suites.
- 3 nights at Entre Cielos—two Gran Reserva rooms.
Pricing and Savings:
$8,991 per person (based on four people traveling together, double occupancy, excluding international airfare). This represents a savings of 35%. If you choose to fly United Airlines to and from Buenos Aires, you’ll receive 20% off the airfare in any class of service, plus United Club airport lounge access (in airports that have a United Club). In a few cases, flights will be operated by one of United’s Star Alliance partners. This price is valid if booked by October 1, 2012. Trips may be booked after that time, but prices may be adjusted subject to currency fluctuations. Travel window: September 1, 2012, through September 1, 2013. Not available December 15, 2012, through January 10, 2013.